I have had an interesting last several days. First and foremost, I am glad to have some decent internet connection back. All I have had since the last post was my iPhone. But I am back on so here goes…
Just a reminder…TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to pick the name for the Pocono 400 race at Pocono Raceway on June 9, 2013. I wanted to get a jump on things with the reminder, but as I mentioned above, internet has been crap (guess that’s what I get for living out in the sticks). So zoom on over to walmarturl.com/FanDriven and cast your vote. Reminder, you can vote once a day, every day until April 8. In case you forgot, here are the top three finalists!
- Race More.Live Better–submitted by Carrie Conway Wilson
- Pocono for the People–submitted by Diane Martin Carroll
- Party in the Poconos–submitted by Shawn McMillan
Looks Party in the Poconos has taken the commanding lead, but there is still time for you fans of Carrie and Diane so get online at vote! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!!
Got plans for the summer? If not, you might want to head to the Poconos for the Fan Driven 400 (name to be determined by the fans) at Pocono Raceway on June 9, 2013. Most tracks have 4 turns, but not the track at Pocono. There are only 3 turns. Yep, 3 turns people! Thanks to the folks at Walmart, you can get $25 tickets for this race! That’s what I just said $25 DOLLARS! But you’ve got to get your rear in gear and get tickets. There are only a limited amount at this price! Tickets can be purchased online at Walmart or at Pocono Raceway!
Can’t make it to Pocono? You can take advantage of the Walmart Family Track Pack! You can get a 4 tickets, 4 Cokes, and 4 hot dogs for ONLY $99!. That’s quite a deal people! This means I could take my family of four to select races throughout the year! One of the races is the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race in Charlotte on May 18! So how do you take advantage of this special deal? Head on over to walmart.com/NASCAR to purchase your Family Track Pack!
NASCAR hits Texas Motor Speedway this weekend! I wish I could make the trip since I live only about 6 hours away and I have buddies in the DFW who would probably let me crash on their floor for the weekend. I have been to TMS and there is ALWAYS something I forget to take with me. Luckily there is a Walmart on the way to the track! They have a great array of items for your tailgating needs. To those newbies out there who are attending your first race this weekend and you want to blend in with all of us other veterans, you can pick up some NASCAR gear at Walmart at too. I found some Tony Stewart at one of my local Walmarts. These are the items I purchased. My youngest son, who loves Tony, loved the giant magnet. It is now prominently displayed on our refrigerator with all the other Tony magnets we have on the fridge. The other two items are mine…a new sticker for my car and a cup for the beverage of my choice. Of course if you aren’t a Tony fan, you can pick up your driver’s stuff too. I found some Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon and yes, even some Dale Earnhardt Jr. items. As we all know his stuff is soooo hard to find (wink, wink).
Some final thoughts…
- Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson on his win at Martinsville yesterday. I wasn’t surprised by his win. Yesterday marked his 8th victory at the track. Man, that’s a lot of grandfather clocks around his house. I wonder if he has them set to where they go off at different times of the day. That would be too funny if he did.
- I wish Denny Hamlin a speedy recovery. It had to be one of the most difficult things to sit atop the pit box and watch someone else drive your car. Granted, Mark Martin is no slouch when it comes to driving a car, but still, it had to eat at him. Brian Vickers will take over duties in the #11 this week at Texas
- Danica had a good run at Martinsville. She finished 12th. Not bad for her first time at The Paperclip and having to start in the back due to an engine change.
- I like watching races on Fox. It’s been a challenge this year since our local Fox affiliate is in dispute with Dish, but we got it go on however. Towards the end of the race, it sounded like there was some exciting racing, but I wouldn’t know because they kept showing Jimmie Johnson’s car. I know Clint was trying to catch, but you and I know he wasn’t going to. We all knew Jimmie was going to win, so why not show the close racing? Oh well…
- I am a mom of two boys, very messy boys, but I love them. I spent most of yesterday cleaning their rooms. This is the sole reason I missed majority of the race. If you are raising and/or raised boys, you know my pain. And don’t even get me started on cleaning their bathroom. I love men and everything about them, but boys and men are just SMELLY!
- I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend. Mine was spent with watching “The Ten Commandments”. It is an Easter tradition in my house started with my mom when I was probably my oldest son’s age (he’s nine). Every year we would watch this classic movie. I lost my mom in December 2011 to leukemia so this was the second Easter without her. But…this year was different. My oldest watched with me. At first, I wasn’t sure he would like it. I mean this movie is from 1956. It isn’t on the cutting edge of special effects and sometimes I think the acting is overdone, but I still watch. I was pleasantly surprised, he loved it! And he asked lots of questions about the movie! And one more thing, he watched all of it despite the fact it was way past his bedtime. Thanks mom!
Sorry for the lack of race coverage for the last couple of posts, it has just been one of those things where life takes over and you have to do what you got to do. I am however, back in the swing of things. Hope everyone has a great and wonderful week! And to all of NASCAR Nation…WELCOME TO TEXAS YA’LL!