- First Tony gets the first win for Stewart Haas Racing last week, now Ryan wins the pole for the Coke 600 on Sunday. Woo Hoo!
- Tony qualified 28th for Sunday’s race. I am not too concerned about Tony’s qualifying spot. It’s a long race and a lot can happen during that time. I mean he didn’t exactly start up front at the All-Star race and we all know how that turned out.
- I see Jeff Gordon received treatment for his chronic back trouble. I can understand how he must feel. I have chronic back pains and I know how painful they can be. Of course, I am sure last week’s crash during the All-Star race didn’t help his back. It would not surprise me if he continues to have trouble with his back that he retires earlier than he anticipated. Oh by the way he is starting third.
- I have to say I am a little tired of all the Jeremy Mayfield situation. I can’t put my finger on it, but something just doesn’t seem right with this situation. Could Claritin D been the culprit? If so, is this the reason NASCAR hasn’t come out and said anything? I mean after all Claritin D is a sponsor for a major Cup team. It’s just a thought. Either way this is going to be interesting to see how NASCAR’s drug testing policies and procedures stand up to scrutiny.
- And what was up with Jimmie’s new hairstyle? I do have to say it does distract me from his beard. It’s not too bad. In fact he now has the same hairstyle as Little Smoke.
I am so ready for this weekend to get under way. I mean I will be heading out to the store to pick up supplies for Day ‘O Racing. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend. As you are going throughout your weekend enjoying all that food, beverage, sun and of course racing remember what this weekend is truly about. Stop and take a moment to say “Thank You” to a soldier or a veteran. For it wasn’t for all the brave men and women in the military, we would be able to enjoy the freedoms we have to day. Thank you to my dad (Air Force), my father-in-law (Army), my uncles Cecil, Junior, Chris, Bill (Air Force, Marines), my cousin, Joe (Navy) as well as Mike (Air Force) and Jack (Marines). You served our country with pride and honor and I thank you.