Go fast…turn left…don’t crash!
I have found it amusing this week that the press seem to think Tony is in Chase trouble. One headline I saw said, “Stewart suddenly in Chase trouble.” I, on the other hand, don’t seem to think this and here’s why
1. Tony was spun out by Ryan Newman. I know Tony was upset that Newman did this, but to me it was just racing deal (unlike the Kenseth/Gordon meet and greet last week). The end result was the same. Before the spin Tony was running in the top 5 and contending for the lead.
2. Tony is in 11th place and only 11 points behind 10th place Greg Biffle.
3. There are still 7 races left, including this week’s race at Pocono, until the Chase starts.
4. The next two tracks after Pocono are good ones for Tony–Indianapolis & Watkins Glen. And as I recall he won both of these races in 2005.
5. Tony has a week off. This will give him a chance to relax and get things in place for the rest of the season. I know when I have a vacation from the grind at work I get renergized.
Tony will be in the Chase to defend his championship.