As you know, it is that time of the year when you receive lots of requests for presents from all the good little boys and girls. I just want you to know that I have been a “good” girl for most of the year and at those times where I haven’t I can explain. I know you are busy this time of year and I know I should have mailed my letter sooner, but here is my list of things I would like to have for Christmas.
- A race with a little less commercial and LOTS more racing. I know NASCAR has to pay their bills and everything, but doesn’t the fact the cars have the sponsors on the cars constitute advertising.
- A magnifying glass so when the caution flag is flown for debris I will be able to see it on the track.
- The Top 35 to be the Top 30. There are some great drivers who should be racing on Sunday, but can’t because of this Top 35 thing.
- More coverage of drivers during The Chase other than those drivers in The Chase. This was bad this year because I had several drivers who I like get very little or no coverage at all.
- Kevin James to do ALL the “Gentlemen Start Your Engines” next year. He really knows how to fire the drivers and crowd up.
- Dale Jarrett to replace Rusty Wallace at ESPN.
- The Southern 500 back to where it belongs and California to have only one race.
- A ban on celebrities who know absolutely NOTHING about NASCAR. I mean do you really think Paris Hilton knows squat about NASCAR.
- Respect from non-NASCAR fans. This may be a tall order for you Santa, but I, along with all of us other NASCAR fans, are tired of having to defned ourselves
- Tony Stewart–I know this one is an impossible task, but a girl’s gotta have a little hope in her.
I know that is quite a list Santa, but I will understand if you can’t get all of it for me. If you are feeling generous, I have a few other requests for some of my favorite drivers.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.–I don’t think he really needs much these days. He is now with a team who can provide all the equipement and cars needed to make a run for the championship. So perhaps I could get him a trophy case for the champhionship he will win some day.
- Matt Kenseth–I can get him a Cheese Head Hat to wear during Happy Hour, I mean Happy Hour should be enjoyed as it is intended to be. Go Packers!
- Clint Bowyer–Maybe some Goodyear tires for the top of his car that way when he decides to drive on his roof, he won’t catch on fire
- Carl Edwards–a gift certificate to Office Depot. I hear they have pens and stationary at the Depot. Perhaps the next time you want to have a meet and greet with your teammate, you should take pen in hand and write a little note to him.
- Jeff Gordon–this one is tough. He has a new daughter, a wife and 4 championships, what more does this man need. In fact, he should be getting me something for Christmas…oh, I know..how ’bout one of those t-shirts guns so he can load it with beer cans and shoot them back into the stands at Talladega.
- Kyle Busch–a GIANT candy dish. With his new sponsor, he is going to need it. Who can resist M&Ms?
- Kevin Harvick–private wrestiling lessons from a WWE wrestler. Hey, if you are going to rumble, you might want to add some more techniques in your repoirtoire.
- Tony Stewart–How ’bout a gift certificate to Procuts? I don’t mind a little stubble and long hair, but if you aren’t going to keep it groomed do something about it.
That about sums everything up I want for Christmas. I will understand if you can’t get everything on my list, but I have one last request for my favorite driver, Tony Stewart. How ’bout a 3rd championship? He would be the first driver to win a Winston, a Nextel Cup and a Sprint Cup.