Splash of gas and four tires…
- Congrautions to Jimmy Johnson. Watch out, he’s making his move. Will he threepeat?
- That was some gutsy move by Carl in the last lap of the race. If he could have controlled it, I think he would have beaten Jimmie.
- Way to go Biffle. Nice 3rd place finish. So far that is 2 wins and a Top 5 over the first three races. It does suck the other two guys contending are right up there with you.
- Kyle Busch–yikes! I guess the NASCAR gods are striking back!
- Mucho kudos to Jeff Gordon. He told the ESPN prerace folks he was feeling the worse he had ever felt before race in his career. He finished 4th. Not bad I must say.
- I hate to say it, I am getting close to resigning to the fact Tony will not be a factor in the Chase
- I see Paul Menard is leaving DEI and headed to Yates Racing. Good luck with that!
- A.J. Allmendinger is out at Red Bull and raced his last race for them at Kansas. Mike Skinner and Scott Speed will share duties in the #84 the rest of the season. Speed will most likely be the driver of the #84 next year.
- I can’t really say anyone is completely out of it yet, I mean it is Talladega on Sunday. One big one and you can take out half the field. So pull the belts tight and hang on, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!
4th Down and inches to go…
- Cowboys lost to the Redskins. The Redskins beat the Cowboys. Cowboys only rushed for 11 times the entire game. Are you freakin’ kiddin’ me? No wonder we didn’t win.
- TO is at it again. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before he voiced his concerns about not getting the ball. Whatever TO. You weren’t the only one not getting the ball on Sunday.
- I am currently particiapting in a contest where you pick the winner of the NFL games every week. It really sucked this weekend. I mean come on, Cleveland vs Cincinnati. You might as well have flipped a coin on that one. Of course, I picked Cinncinnati.
- Texas Tech is currently sitting 7th in the AP poll and 8th in the USA Today Poll. Not bad. Of course there were a couple of upsets this weekend to help them climb to that spot. The only bad thing it was a bye week for us. We open Big 12 Conference play this weekend against Kansas State at Manhattan. I hope we go in and show the pollsters we earned that ranking. Wreck ‘Em Tech!!!!
- OSU beat USC, however that was Oregon State not Ohio State that did the deed. ‘Bama took it to Georgia (41-30); Ole Miss beat #4 Florida (31-30); and unranked Michigan over #9 Wisconsin (27-25).
- Oklahoma is currently #1 in both the AP and USA Today polls. The Red Raiders play the Sooners November 22 in Norman. I am sure One Lugnut Short is in Sooner heaven right now.
One final note from The Park…I will be traveling to Chicago tomorrw for a conference. I am looking forward to getting away for a few days. I won’t have my computer with me during my litte jaunt to the Windy City, So this looks to be the last post for the week. Have a great week!
One thought on “Race 3: Kansas”
Hey Trixie… how are you? Great Site… Actually this is my first time on it but I’ll definitely be checking back. I love a chicks opinion about NASCAR racing.
But make sure you stop by my site sometime this week because I’m giving away a free gas card to whoever can pick this coming weekend’s winner.