It is hard to believe I am 40 today. It was just a few short years ago I was worried about turning 30. What has changed from now till then?
- I have been married for 9 years.
- I have a son who my husband and I adopted when he was 5 back in 2008.
- I have my Masters degree in Higher Education.
- I am healthy and yes, happy.
- I am still working at the same employer and yes, I enjoy what I do.
- I have been to 3 race weekends at Texas Motor Speedway
- I have been to Vegas 4 times and hope to make it back next year on my 10 year wedding anniversary
- I have been to Disney World. I am going again this September with my son and my mom. Both who will be visiting the happiest place on Earth for the first time.
- An African American was elected President.
- The Boston Red Sox have won two World Series.
- Tony Stewart has two NASCAR championships
- Facebook has exploded all over the Internet.
- I am one of the last few people in my high school class that has turned 40.
It is strange how 10 years of your life can seem to fly by. I wonder what the next 10 years will hold for me…I guess I will just have sit back and enjoy the ride!